Community Health Worker Violence Prevention Professional (CHW-VPP) Training Course
Get Professional CHW-VPP Training!
Our CHW-VPP Training is a one-of-its-kind comprehensive course that seeks to equip and activate community professionals with public health upstream thinking and methodology to prevent structural and interpersonal violence. This training is based on Oregon's Non-Traditional Health Worker curriculum and first adapted with the lens of violence prevention during the CDC’s funded national initiative, Striving to Reduce Youth Violence Everywhere (STRYVE), Multnomah County 2011-2016.
Abdul Hafeedh Bin Abdullah (curriculum designer) received over 2000 plus hours of direct in the field training of the NTHW training provided by principal designer of Oregon’s NTHW curriculum, Dr. Noelle Wiggins, who was also the Principal Investigator of the Portland STRYVE program.
Basic Training Objectives:
- Increase knowledge of participants (existing CHWs or new CHWs) in Public Health upstream strategies to prevent structural and interpersonal violence
- Increase capacity of CHWs to understand and support communities disproportionately impacted by adverse structural and social determinants of health
- Increase the number of community professionals able to be employed to mitigate the harms of communities disproportionately exposed to violence and other SSDoH
- Increase capacity of CHWs to be effective bi-directional liaisons and advocates on behalf of communities they serve and systems that employ them
- Fall 2022 Course begins in the 3rd week of August
- 60 hours hybrid format - 40 hrs in-person, 20 hrs online
- 6 hours per week, 10 weeks total. Monday, Wednesday, Friday (2 hrs. per class)
- 15 participant limit
- Principal Trainer: Abdul Hafeedh Bin Abdullah
Meet Our Inaugural Graduates!
Contact Us or Sign Up to Enroll
If you need to officially enroll and pay for this course, please head to our secure Quality Life Blueprint Square checkout page (opens in a new tab/window).
If you are interested in learning more about this course or are considering enrolling, please us the contact form below. Be sure to note your interest in the comment field. We will reach out to provide more information and/or confirm your enrollment.